Monday, April 5, 2010

An Email from School.... can be enlightening....

So before spring break, I received a letter from Michael's SLP* saying she wanted to share his computer with the class. To take a moment in their regular classroom, and show the kiddos how hard Michael works to say anything...

It was a nice email... certainly a step in the right direction.

In her email she suggested that we print out all of the pages that Michael has to use in order to say hello, or make a statement.

If I went to school and gave each student a 10 page manual.. I think I would loose them on the first page.

BUT.. if I show them how cool it is to take a spelling test on his computer- maybe they would think it's cool that Michael has a computer to help him.


So tomorrow we're meeting with the principal and his speech therapist to discuss what we could do for the classroom.
I'm going to take the opportunity to show them a few different thoughts that I had.. and hopefully they will run with it!

There are math quizzes that we could make, spelling tests... really the possibilities are endless.
www.adaptedlearning.com

So tomorrow's another big day.. and I hope it's a successful one.

(Bringing Brad with me.. because he's my voice of reason.. I typically want what I want.. and I don't back away from speaking my mind... Brad plays the 'good guy in our good guy/bad guy routine..)

*SLP, Speech/Language Pathologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment