Thursday, April 29, 2010

Money..Money..Money....

So the answer to last weeks' post is NO.. No you can't pay tuition to go to an out of district school.
So.. back to square one.

We've decided we need to know where Michael is academically... so we're getting him tested (Independently, of course)
www.learningconsultants.com

We are getting a WISC test.. this will show us how Michael learns, ie, with verbal cues, visually, etc.
We're also going to do a Nonverbal test-which should be really cool.

The best part about this testing is.. that the director said I could be in the room with him.. and so can his computer. She said she could 'off the cuff' test him on his computer and his ability to answer questions independently with it.

HOW COOL IS THAT.

Of course.. that is where the MONEY.. Money..Money comes in.. because as I said.. this is the start.

Next week, we start touring private schools, because that is our only alternative at this point.

Then we have to decide what to do, and when.

I read a blog of another mom who has a child with severe autism. She wrote something that really struck me.
She said.
"I'm not the mom who has the shiny new car, I'm not the Mom with the finest clothes.. My family doesn't get to take a vacation every year... because every last cent we have goes to our child. It goes to Therapy, It goes to Hospitals, It goes to Therapy Tools, It goes to Technology, It goes to Consultants, It goes to Private School. "

So maybe I don't have a shiny new car... but I'm doing the best possible thing for my child, and I will continue- God Willing!

I love my child, I love my children, my husband and my family.. and we adjust, we adapt, because we have to.
We live in a world of limits and we are blowing those limits away.. because my child will live a life full of advantages... and not disabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment