Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Can you Pay to be in an out of district Public School?

That is the question we need an answer to! Because we think we've found a wonderful school for Michael.. the only thing is.. that it's out of our district, and we are NOT going to move.
I will do anything for Michael, and maybe if Cam and Jacob were off at college, I would consider it- but I'm not uprooting the other two children.

We'll just have to find another outlet.

Brad's left a message for the State Board of Educators- I've emailed our local Director of Special Services- but I'm a little leery of talking in depth with her- because 1. she's paid by our school district and 2. she's been on our team for 2 years now and I can't say I'm uber impressed.

So we hurry up and wait.. Ideally, I'd like to get Michael in somewhere new for summer school- just to test the waters to see how he'd do in a new environment.
We haven't had a tour of a local private school, because we are still trying to see if the public schools are an option.

During another great therapy session yesterday, Julie said again how much more advanced Michael is on his computer than anyone she's ever seen.

As proud as that makes me, it also hurts because the school doesn't see the potential. The knowledge that Michael has.
They are still telling us that Michael can't recognise his name, or shapes.. but yet at therapy and home, he can flip through several screens and tell us all kinds of things.
ARG.

So the search continues.. Anyone that knows about Due Process or IEP Advocates.. please don't hesitate to contact us.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment