Monday, February 6, 2012

Basketball basketball basketball....

Sometimes I just look at Michael and wonder.. What are you thinking about? What makes you happy? What do you like to do?? I honestly think if Michael could talk at this very moment his answer for all three would be "basketball".

It's become a bit of an obsession. Hes made up a sign for it. He uses both hands and he looks like hes dribbling the ball. Its stinkin cute!! He's got it loaded on his iPad at dads on his iPod and on the Xbox at my house. His 13 yr old sister even loaded it on her phone!!! And in her own words, "I must love you a lot because that was a $2 game and I could have bought two songs!!'.

It's honestly the first thing on his mind... And I know this because our routine has become him waking me up at 5:30 or 6 and laying in my bed with his iPod and his basketball game on. Every morning!!!

It amazes me that he can figure out the buttons on all devices- play. Restart. Quit. Pick a player.
And he flips through all the screens without hesitation.

So at the end of the day, although Michael has so many issues, he still in so many ways is just like an average 9 year old. So here I sit. Thankful for the little things. And also thankful he fell in love with basketball and not something violent or distructive!!

2 comments:

  1. glad to see your family is doing good christina. i thought you decided for awhile not to blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Basketball. Im a huge basketball person so me and him can relate alot. I think its cute how his sister could've bought 2 songs but decided to show her brother that he is loved and bought a game so she can get into his world.

    ReplyDelete