Monday, March 22, 2010

My baby is growing up...

We got back home last night from our 11 day adventure... Driving to MS and TN to visit family... then getting to our house on Saturday..

The house was wonderful... Michael got his own room.. although he had to be convinced most nights to go to bed.. he did, eventually! The pool was a hit, and everyone spent a lot of time there.

Disney couldn't have been any better.
Michael squealed during the parade at all of the characters. Everytime we saw one, he wanted to get his picture with them.. it was the cutest thing.
I think he loved the rides the most. I know everyone else did.

Honestly, I was nervous at first.. really anxious at how he would do. If it were just me with him.. we would have stayed on the ground, and walked.. a lot- but Brad encouraged the both of us.. that he was ready.. that he could do what everyone else was doing.

And isn't that my platform in life for him? I'm always preaching to everyone that I want Michael to be like everyone else.. let him be NORMAL.

So with a big sigh, and my hands wrapped tightly on his... we rode the rides.. HE DID GREAT.. He loved it.. he wanted to do them again..

We went on a boat ride, it was more of an "educational ride" than a thrill ride- mind you, I didn't ride "splash mountain" with Michael.. (it's a big water ride.. big hills, lots o' thrills)..

now on this educational ride- where there were no hills..
Michael's heart was racing.. and his hands tightly gripped to the rail- his legs started to shake..

(insert evil eye to my husband)..

my poor baby.. he was looking around .. waiting for the earth to escape him.. but it never did.. and eventhough I held onto him tightly.. he managed.. he laughed and at the end he clapped and clapped.
(I'm certain he was scared to death of 'splash mountain' .. but Brad swears he had a great time.. and I'm sure he did! )

So the crowds were fine. Michael did fine- he listened, he stayed close.. he had an adventure.. and he enjoyed his spring break-

We created a scrapbook full of pictures for his class today. He was able to show everyone the book and tell them about his vacation. The teacher said it was a hit!

:)
Great Vacation.. Great Fun.. Lessons learned.. maybe Michael is ready to let go of my hand... and even if he is.. I'll always be close- close enough to take him back.. whenever he's ready!

1 comment:

  1. I am grateful to have been there. He was even braver than me! I was so proud of him. Love, Aunt Tami

    ReplyDelete