Friday, May 14, 2010

Sometimes Waiting Is the hardest part....

Testing Part 2 went well yesterday.

Yesterday was vocabulary testing (Peabody test). Our private SLP gave the test in her office.... the test to me was a little hard.

All of the pages had four pictures, but the pictures were very similar.. ex: Michael, find the picture that is DRIPPING.
His choices were: a shower, a watering can, a faucet, and a hose...

The answer: a faucet drips water.

So what they do, is they start at age three: shapes, nouns, and then they move onto verbs, and action words.

Michael was so proud of himself when he knew the answer.. but when he didn't.. you could tell in his eyes.. he would peer up at me or the tester.. and just point.

but even then.. I'd reach out and give him a high five.. because I know he wanted it!

His test score for that test was a vocabulary knowledge of a 4 year and 2 month old.

I'm a little disappointed with that... but... This isn't the final score from all of the IQ testing..
But it's also a benchmark.. I can still say.. School- he knows his shapes and numbers.. lets move on to "dripping"

We won't get the complete results until late next week...

I'm super proud of Michael.. He worked so hard.. and it tells me again.. how much he wants to learn.. because he was so proud of himself!!!

I love you buddy- good job!

3 comments:

  1. I think Michael did a great job! I know I'm biased, but when you are around Michael you see how much he knows and still wants to learn! The test is such a narrow perspective, but at least it gives us a measure to work with and focus his learning! I'm a very proud Grandpa!! Love you so much, Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Michael! High five to ya! Love you all! Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, HUGE high five for the big guy. Second, what kind of test was the first one? They all drip in some way. I thought it was shower. My shower drips... it's dripping now, I digress. I think Michael is a very smart boy and he has amazing support his brother, older sister amazing parents and loved friends and family. I know no one will give up on him so he shouldn't give up on himself. Good job big guy!

    ReplyDelete